“The heart and soul of my work is an intimate dialogue with you. One that allows you to reveal to yourself what matters most, and helps you see what you can do to gain the confidence and have the presence of mind to progress toward meaningful change in your life.”
Helping individuals successfully manage difficult life transitions and work-related stress.
Creating a safe space in which to work on healing from trauma and recovering from loss.
Developing a wider range of self-expression, unleashing creativity, and building confidence and self-esteem.
Helping couples change frustrating interactions, improve communication, heal from emotional pain, and create a more meaningful connection.
Replacing painful family interaction patterns with improved communication, and developing satisfying parent/child relationships.
Eliminating obstacles that prevent the successful pursuit of long-sought-after creative endeavors, professional objectives, and life-goals.
Providing those who struggle with anger and rage the tools to turn these feelings into a powerful motivation for change.
Exploring early family dynamics and relationship issues in order to allow the past to enrich the present.
Providing Professional Development services.
Experience / Training:
Experienced Psychotherapist with a Private Practice in San Francisco since 1986. I have over 40 years clinical experience with individuals, couples, children, groups and families. I have many years of postgraduate research studying empirically effective (evidence-based) psychotherapy, including training in contemporary psychoanalytic theories, family systems, and somatic psychotherapy. My work experience includes over 20 years supervising interns, teaching psychotherapy theory, providing consultation to licensed clinicians, and working in community mental health settings.
Professional Affiliations / Activities:
• Clinical Member, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, since 1984
• Supervising Therapist, San Francisco Psychotherapy Research Group Training Center and Clinic, 2004-2017
• Member of the Board of Trustees, San Francisco Psychotherapy Research Group, 1998-2017
• Former Adjunct Faculty, California Institute of Integral Studies, 1992-2003
• Former Adjunct Faculty, John F. Kennedy University, 1987-1988
• M.S. in Clinical Counseling from California State University at Hayward, 1983
• B.A. in Psychology from Antioch University West at San Francisco, 1974
Services are available at my office in San Francisco and over secure video service within California.